Translate

Friday 11 May 2012

Day Tripper

It's a horrible day again today, so thought I would just share a few pics of a Nice Day Out I had last weekend with my friend Maria and her lovely daughter Olivia.  We went to Preston by train, which is a lovely journey, taking in lots of beautiful scenery in the Morecambe Bay area.  We both committed the cardinal bloggers sin ... we forgot our cameras! Thought it would be ok, though as we had our phones and took lots of photos with them.  Wasn't ok, because I have a new phone, and being a complete technophobe, can't retrieve them! My husband, normally a whizz on computers, can't either, so it's not just me!

When we got there, we had a delicious lunch in a lovely cafe/deli called Deli Med in Winckley Street.  This is a gorgeous, cobble-stoned street, with a leafy park at the end of it. Next door to the deli is Miss Matilda's, a boutique which I discovered a couple of years ago.  My second son, Jacob, was at University in Preston, so now and again I would flit through to meet him, fill his wallet and fridge, clean the kitchen, etc.  Emma in Miss Matilda's sent me some images, as I did not have my camera.


It is a really pretty shop, which gives a lovely, personal service to its customers.  They also sell online, so if you're interested, grab a cup of tea, and enjoy! Their website is  www.missmatildasboutique.co.uk.


Love the lacey blackboard! I bought a dress online a couple of weeks ago ... it arrived less than 24 hours later, beautifully wrapped in tissue, and with silky flowers and ribbons attached.




The shop is very light and airy, with vintage touches here and there, such as framed dressmaking patterns on the walls, and pincushions and cake stands displaying brooches and jewellery.




They also sell Melissa Shoes, gorgeous creations made from bubble gum smelling material! I bought a pair of dotty flip-flops for my forthcoming holiday with my friends, and Maria bought a pair of very vintage looking court shoes, with bows on the front for a family wedding she is going to in June, so we were both very happy to have got what we wanted, without the stress of having to find an assistant for the other shoe, in a busy department store.

Afterwards we went for coffee and cake to Bruccianni's, a 1930's coffee lounge/ice-cream parlour, which has been virtually untouched.  Wish I could share those photos with you (flying ducks and Hollywood glamour), but as I can't get them from my phone, will have to leave that until another time.  Doh!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Love from Claire xxx

7 comments:

  1. Hope you're getting some sunshine at last this pm. Your day out looks like fun - love the pics. It's beautifully sunny here in the South - AT LAST! Hope it stays for tomorrow's fair. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day out!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shop looks amazing! Glad you didn't come away empty handed.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great day out, hope you can get the photo's sorted :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies, it was a lovely day out, sunshine, good company, and nice food! What more do you need? Still cold here oop North! Have a lovely weekend, Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Mrs...We had a lovely day and a good spend! hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire, I've been reading through your blog and can't believe you visited Brucianni's. My friend and I used to go in all the time in our early twenties. It's like stepping back in time, there's one in Wigan that is also in a different era. Lovely coffee and great chocolate eclairs. Ali x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think of my ramblings and value all your comments ... I will try and get back to you, but am sorry if I don't always manage this ... sometimes real life just gets in the way! Claire xxx