Translate

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Just Blew in from the Windy City ...

Hello everyone! Just got back from my little break with my best friends to Lanzarote.  Have had a fabulous time just relaxing, sunning ourselves, and laughing a lot ... and have come back home to glorious sunshine! The weather in Lanzarote was a bit hit and miss, either bright, blistering sunshine or a bit dull and cloudy, but always windy ... I'm still finding grains of sand in everything ... my camera, my sunglasses, phone and in my washbag which is a bit strange!

The beach was just across the road from the hotel, so no trekking for miles to find a place in the sun, and was a really lovely, golden sandy beach, unusual for the Canary Islands.




Our hotel was really lovely, and the food was amazing, so am strictly on salads for a few days now ... I lost quite a bit of weight for my holiday, it's taken me 4 months ... and feels like It's all gone back on again in 4 days! Never mind, it was worth it ...


That's me in the middle at the back with the white beads on ... all ready for a night on the town ... we found a great American Indian bar, where we had a meal, and were about to leave, but then the band came on and we stayed all night.  They were an Irish band, so sang some traditional Irish songs, a bit of Van Morrison, Dire Straits, U2, Bon Jovi, everything really, and absolutely brilliant.




Back to reality now ... need to get everything ready for Vintage Fair on 3 June, and need a few hours to catch up on all the blogs I've missed while I've been away.



Hope you've all had a lovely weekend, and enjoy your week

Love, Claire xxx

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous time!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I did Victoria, it went far too quickly though! Nice to be home xx

      Delete
  2. HELLO! glad you back safe and sound mrs! Pictures look fab..Can,t wait to hear! have me Dean home for a few days....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria, yes I'm back ... been washing, shopping and making the tea! Back to earth with a bump xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful time....and you brought the sunshine back with you! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bellaboo isn't it great that the sun's shining? Will get my washing dry! Xx

      Delete
  5. Welcome back, it looks like you had a wonderful time with your friends!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sarah, it's nice to be back, especially as the sun is shining! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to have you back and so pleased to hear that you had a lovely time away. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous - I love Lanzarote - looks like you had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone, I feel really welcomed back! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well that just must be Lanzarote then because it was windy too when I went there.

    Beaches are wonderful there....how relaxing

    Did you go up to the volcano?

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think of my ramblings and value all your comments ... I will try and get back to you, but am sorry if I don't always manage this ... sometimes real life just gets in the way! Claire xxx