I don't want to ramble on too much and bore you to death, but here goes ... seven things about me ...
1. My family mean the world to me. My husband, children, siblings, nephews and nieces, everyone. Need I say more?
2. Likewise my friends. I have friends I have known since birth, others from primary school and teens. They remain my friends and know everything there is to know about me. I couldn't get by without them and they know who they are.
3. I worry... A lot. I worry about things that happened years ago. As I have a good long term memory this is a worry too! I worry about things that happened yesterday, things that are happening now, and things that might never happen. Sometimes I don't enjoy what's happening because I worry about what might happen. It gets on my nerves ... please tell me to stop!
4. I hate waste. Any kind of waste ... food, time, money, furniture, etc. I've never really had the luxury (?) of being in a position to actually waste things, but don't think I would anyway. I hate today's mindset where things are just disposed of on a whim and replacements bought. Emptying last weeks perfectly usable food out of the fridge and into the bin before going shopping again to fill it up with food that will be thrown away in a weeks time. Throwing away clothes and household items without finding out if anyone else wants them ... I could go on, but rant over!
5. I like making something out of nothing. A meal out of the remnants of the fridge and cupboards. A lovely new piece of furniture from something old and dated. A lovely bunch of flowers from the garden, put into a thrifted vase or jug.
6. I'm a Registered Childminder. I have been for 10 years. I started doing it because I had no-one to look after my own children and it seemed the ideal solution at the time. I was there for them, working from home, but earning money at the same time. I'm also a qualified teaching assistant and occasionally do supply work.
7. I'm very happy with what I've got. I love where I live, I don't want fancy holidays and posh cars, (it's amazing what you can get into a Micra). I have everything I need right here, right now. Compared to a lot of people I have so much, to others very little ... why do we feel we have to conform to what society thinks we should be? I don't any more, but that's one more thing to worry about ... what others think of me!
Are you still there? Hope I haven't bored you with my ramblings!
I would now like to nominate three lovely ladies and their blogs. These are new to me, and very inspirational. They are:-
Ada Bea from vintagesheetaddict
Have a lovely Sunday, and see you soon!
Love Claire xxx